Horse About Trails
Experience the Cape Winelands in true country fashion!
Imagine the thrill of viewing some of the most spectacular scenery in the Cape while traveling through varied and beautiful terrain to get there.
Best of all... Imagine doing it on horseback.
Horse About is the perfect activity for those visiting the Tulbagh area or even for day trippers from Cape Town. Set against the most beautiful backdrop, you’ll find yourself wandering through the varying landscapes from fynbos to vineyards and through forests to the foothills of the gorgeous Witzenberg mountain range.
There is plenty to experience for anyone who has the taste for an equine adventure.
Horse About offers a range of horse-related activities:
- 1.5-hour Scenic Trail:
- This is a gentle introduction into trail riding and is suited to novice riders and families. Travel to the foothills of the Witzenberg Mountains through a variety of terrain.
- 2-hour Witzenberg Trail:
- Ideal for more experienced riders who are comfortable at trot and canter over varied terrain. An awe-inspiring trail with breathtaking views.
- 2-hour Private Trail:
- Moonlight Trail:
- Treat yourself to a magical experience and see the valley by moonlight. The Moonlight Trail is suitable for children and all levels of riders.
- Pony About:
- Pony rides and interaction. Perfect for the little ones and it's educational too!
- Horse Therapy:
- An amazing initiative by Horse About where they use hippotherapy to help those in need.
- Equine Interaction:
- For those who are unable to ride, equine interaction is an educational activity that gives you a more in-depth understanding of this incredible animal.
Whatever your preference, Horse About has something for everyone and we couldn't recommend them enough! Booking is essential!
For more information go to their website: http://www.horseabout.co.za/
(Cover image by Johann Theron. All other images are from Horse About).